- Handle multiple address books.
- Contact in each address book can be belongs to multiple categories.
- Immediate Preview of Contacts.
- Supports uploading pictures.
- Supports to store multiple communications like e-mails, phones, messages etc.
- Ajax search for fast searching.
- AJAX based framework RichFaces for ease of use.
- Yahoo User Interface (YUI) !! makes the layout more flexible and attractive
- Database selection and operation is flexible using ORM Tool Hibernate
- Spring Framework makes the integration layer more powerful
- Modeled with J2EE design patterns
RichFaces is a rich component library for JSF and an advanced framework for easily integrating AJAX capabilities into business application development. The RichFaces components come ready to use out-of-the-box, so developers can immediately save time in taking advantage of component features to create Web applications that provide greatly improved user experience more reliably and more quickly.
Central to the Spring Framework is its Inversion of Control container, which provides a consistent means of configuring and managing Java objects using callbacks. The container is responsible for managing object lifecycles: creating objects, calling initialization methods, and configuring objects by wiring them together.
Hibernate is a powerful, high performance object/relational persistence and query service. Hibernate lets you develop persistent classes following object-oriented idiom - including association, inheritance, polymorphism, composition, and collections.
Hibernate allows you to express queries in its own portable SQL extension (HQL), as well as in native SQL, or with an object-oriented Criteria and Example API.
J2EE Design Patterns
J2EE pattern describes a proven solution to a recurring design problem, placing particular emphasis on the context and forces surrounding the problem, and the consequences and impact of the solution.